Event processing is a method of tracking and analyzing (processing) streams of
information (data) about things that happen (events) and deriving a conclusion from them.
Complex event processing (CEP) is event processing that combines data from multiple
sources to infer events or patterns that suggest more complicated circumstances. The
goal of CEP is to identify meaningful events and respond to them as quickly as possible.
At 9TH BIT we identify event processing patterns as they unfold. This enables you to
monitor and leverage fast-moving, real-time event streams from devices, logs and
applications so that you may gain contextual awareness and seize opportunities or
reduce risks the moment you sense them.
CEP will help you to:
- Improve knowledge about existing operations by ensuring the effect of seemingly
unrelated events are identified and delivered to appropriate decision-makers.
- Notify people and systems about meaningful events so processes can be adapted on the
- Take action in the moment to capitalise on opportunities and remediate threats.
- Increase your ability to prioritise situations and responses by correlating events
and putting them in context of other events, processes and objectives.
- Accelerate the identification of threats and opportunities by mapping enterprise
events to processes and KPIs. Doing so allows you to view information that relates to
a problem in time for the information to be useful.
- Real-time dashboard representation of operations to facilitate proactive
- Gain real-time insight of when larger, or complex events, have the greatest impact.